Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beach Blanket Babylon

Love love love love LOVE this show.  This was my third (or maybe fourth) time seeing it and I think it was the best so far.  We decided last minute to attend and bought tickets about an hour and a half before the show started and then waited in line.  Since it is all open seating within the section you purchase, it's a good idea to get in line early so we ended up with pretty good seats in our section. 


The actors were amazing, as always, but the content was quite different from the last time I saw it.  Of course all the political stuff was still there and Meg Whitman (played by a man) was probably one of my favorites.  They did a big thing about the Giants and their World Series Championship, which got a great reaction from the crowd.  All the current pop starts got their due, Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, even the cast of gLee!  Towards the end they did a spin off on Les Miserables to represent the current state of our country.  I found this very amusing, but I guess the average person doesn't know the music/story from Les Miserables as well as I do :)  Luckily, the bf liked the show and thought it lived up to all my hype (this is rare, since I always tend to hype things up too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment