Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let the Journey Begin!

Tomorrow we start our cross country road trip from California to Kentucky!  I am very excited about moving to KY but am a little unsure about the trip itself.  We are taking two cars so we are each driving our own car out there which means I will have to drive all 2400 miles of it.  I've never driven on a long road trip like this before, I've been the passenger but never the driver.  I don't think I'll have a problem with it and we aren't doing ridiculously long days or anything like that so I hope it will be ok, but it will be one more brand new experience for me!

I will try and do a post each night especially if we go and see something exciting, but that will also depend on what time we get in in the evening and if I have wifi at the hotel.  I'm hoping this is a good way for everyone to keep up with where I'm headed!

I've got 5 books on tape (some Lee Child, Harlem Coben, Tina Fey, Chelsea Handler, and Jane Austin), a couple leftover podcasts, and hopefully I can listen to a bunch of college football over the first couple days.

Any tips and suggestions for a long cross country drive? Any must see places (we'll mostly be on 40 for the first few days once we get to Vegas)?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from 20sb :) Suggestion for you - books on tape! I used to live 8 hours away from my boyfriend/hometown, and I got into listening to books on tape during the drive. They're interesting and keep you entertained and awake on a long drive by yourself :)

    Lauren
    www.laurensouch.ca

    ReplyDelete