Monday, August 27, 2012

Football Friday: One week...

This was suppose to be posted on Friday...oops
I thought since it was almost that time of year again that I should get this Friday post going again!  Now that the Olympics are over, I can get back to my fall ritual of obsessing over college football.  One week from yesterday college football kicks off and it’s bound to be a great season.  Teams are back at practice and people are making predictions about how teams will do and where they stand.  College Football Live is all over ESPN as well as conference previews.


The AP poll came out this week and there were a couple interesting things.  First, Michigan got a first place vote.  I’m happy to receive a first place vote but I really don’t think we deserve it and I REALLY don’t want to be jinxed by something like that.  Pre-season polls really don’t mean much, but I think Michigan is almost always over ranked and it’s just annoying to hear every year how bad we actually are.  Stop ranking us so high then!  I really hate to see USC at the top and I’m not even sure they deserve it, they will screw up a stupid game (or two!) sometime this fall.  I think Florida State is way to high, have they really done anything to earn that spot?  I hope over the season to see SEC teams drop and more Big Ten and Big XII school move up, since I think they are more deserving.  Below are the AP pre season rankings:
1
USC (25)
2
Alabama (17)
3
LSU (16)
4
Oklahoma (1)
5
Oregon
6
Georgia
7
Florida State
8
Michigan (1)
9
South Carolina
10
Arkansas
11
West Virginia
12
Wisconsin
13
Michigan State
14
Clemson
15
Texas
16
Virginia Tech
17
Nebraska
18
Ohio State
19
Oklahoma State
20
TCU
21
Stanford
22
Kansas State
23
Florida
24
Boise State
25
Louisville


Next week I’ll be previewing the games of the opening weekend.  And probably talking about how excited I am to be heading to Dallas to see Michigan play Bama, Go Blue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment