Monday, August 15, 2011

Audio Book Review: Beauty Queens

I love listening to audio books.  It's nice to have one in the car even its its only for a bunch of short trips, its also nice to listen to at work if I have a particularly boring task to complete.  There are only certain books I enjoy in audio form, they need to be books that will capture my attention quickly and easily and not require to much thinking.  Young Adult books are great for this and I've found myself more attracted to them thanks to this website.  Another good way to go with audio books are thrillers or mysteries, you really just need something that would be  page turner if you were reading it. 


One of the best audio books I've listened to lately was Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.  It's basically about a plane full of Miss America participants that crashes on a remote island.  Craziness ensues and it is hilarious. The best part of the audio book are all the different voices used and how all the pageant participants are portrayed.  It also takes place in a sort of futuristic world, so you hear a lot about "The Corporation" and how it impacts the world in which they live.  This book was a great light read, and I'd recommend it to you even if you don't like young adult books.  The setting was great and all the characters were different, and funny.  If you are looking to get and new audio book, I would say definitely get this one, it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment