Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do You Hear The People Sing?

First off, I know I'm breaking one of my blogging rules (I'm at work...shhhh) but its breaktime and this is important!


One of my dream jobs is to play in a professional pit orchestra for a musical, however that probably would've required me to be a little more focused on studying and practicing music.  I recently got an opportunity to play in a pit orchestra, although not quite broadway.  Its for a local youth production and our community orchestra was asked to play for it!  Of course, I jumped at the chance, figuring this is as close to broadway as I might ever get :) The fact that they are performing one of my favortie musiclas of all time, Les Miserables, didn't hurt either.  It is seriously awesome, the music is wonderful, the kids who are performing ar super talented, and I just love the atmosphere surrounding a production like this.  This brings me to the point of the post:

Everyone should come out and see this show!!

They are trying to get a full house every performance, which would be so great for everyone involved.  Yes, its a youth production of a major musical, but don't count these kids out, there is some great talent there. Anyway, here are the details:

What: Les Miserables (school edition)
When: August 11th (TODAY!), August 12th (Fri), and August 13th (Sat) at 7:30pm
           August 13th (Sat) and August 14th (Sun) at 2pm
Where: The Performing Arts Center at El Cerrito High School, 540 Ashbury Ave, El Cerrito, CA
            (Walking distance from the El Cerrito Plaza BART station)
Tickets: $20 and you can buy them here, or at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment