Monday, May 16, 2011

Bike to Work Day x 2!

Last Thursday was Bike to Work Day for the San Francisco Bay Area.  This gave me a good reason to put air in my front tire (it had been acting funny) and ride my bike the long distance of 1.9 miles to work!

The only other time I rode to work (last fall) I was a little discouraged because the last 6 blocks of my ride were very frustrating.  There wasn't a real bike lane and lots of stupid stoplights, for these reasons I rode on the sidewalk part of the way, which really slowed me down and I think meant I hit more red lights.  This time I just rode on the road where a bike lane should be and made the cars go around me.  It's really not a very busy road so it wasn't a big deal and the ride was way better and faster!

I am awesome
Since it was a great ride on Thursday I decided to ride again on Friday.  Which was actually better because there was traffic due to construction and I got to speed past all of it!  I felt very cool and environmentally friendly :)

The bf says my goal should be to ride my bike to work at least twice a week, and I think I will take him up on this challenge!  Planning this week for Thursday and Friday again since there is rain in the forecast for the beginning of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment