Friday, May 13, 2011

Killer Fruit Salad

This is probably as close as you will get to a recipe from me, since the bf does most of the cooking. I'm usually just the eater/dishwasher.  There have been a reappearance of berries at the farmer's markets, especially strawberries! I decided I wanted to do something besides just eat them plain (which is also good and I do often).  Here is the impossibly hard recipe for my awesome fruit salad:

1 basket Strawberries
2 Clementines
1/2 basket of blackberries
1/4 cup of chopped (ok who am I kidding, I just shred it with my hands) mint
squirt of lemon juice
dash of sugar

Most important thing is that its all very fresh and in season fruit.  You can basically sub in any kind of fruit you have, but the strawberries really pair well with the mint so I'd keep those in there.

Cut up the fruit into bite size pieces (I like to cut slices of clementines in half so you get some juice, and I left the blackberries whole)
Put into a bowl and top with mint, lemon juice and sugar.
Mix it all together.
Taste to see if it needs more sugar or juice and adjust if necessary.

I've been putting this in a big bowl in the fridge to snack on all week, but it seems to go quickly so I'm not sure how long it will keep.  It is nice to let it sit for at least a few hours before serving so it can soak up all the juices and mint flavor.
In a tupperware, on my desk, half eaten
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment