Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review of 2012 reading (finally!)

I finally am getting around to taking a look at my previous year in reading.  I started to make more of a commitment to reading and reviewing books on my blog at the beginning of 2012 so let's see how I did!

I wanted to read 50 books over the course of the year, well that didn't happen.  I read 38, which isn't too bad!  I also used my blog a lot more for reviews and other things relating to reading.  Most of my posts had to do with reading, which I'm excited about.  I also got involved with the blog Jagged Edge to help review books there.  And even more exciting I started getting contacted by authors directly and have been reviewing books that way as well.

My favorite book I read last year was probably The Night Circus, followed by State of Wonder. My least favorite had to have been 50 Shades of Gray (which I haven't reviewed, not sure if its worth it) probably followed by Playing with Matches.

New for this year, I finally got into the ebook fun with the gift of a kindle from RoB!  I love love LOVE it.  I will still read, buy, collect, give away real books but some of the conveniences of the kindle are great.  He got me the paperwhite so I could read at night without the light on (which always bothered him since he wanted to go to sleep before me).


I don't have any specific number goals for this next year, but I do need to be better about getting my reviews up.  So my new goal is to get reviews up within a week of finishing a book, and not skipping ahead to a book I want review, but really taking the time to review each and everyone.  I'm also considering changing my review style.  I'd love some suggestions on what y'all like in a book review and what you don't.  Do you like it broken up into different sections? Do you want a long summary? How can I make them more interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment