Thursday, October 18, 2012

Audio Book Review - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

How did I come into possession of this book?
This was another audio book from the library.  I had heard of this book so I pulled out the audio book to take a look and saw that it was read by Jim Dale, the amazing voice behind all the Harry Potter audio books.  I couldn’t pass it up!


First Line:
“The circus arrives without warning.”  (Morgenstern 3)

What is it about?
In an awesome setting of an ever moving and changing circus, two magicians are involved in a lifelong duel that neither of them agreed to.

What did I think?
This book was great!  And the audio version might’ve made it better.  Jim Dale is phenomenal, as always, his voice is just so magical (ha ha).  The story is quite interesting as well, I love both the main characters and all they have to go through to discover what is really going on with their lives.  I didn’t know what to expect with this book, but I found it to be right up my alley, reality with a touch of fantasy.

Who would I recommend it to?
Everyone.  Even if you don’t like the whole magic thing, this book is so well written it’s worth the read.  I don’t really know what else to say, I loved it and I think you will too!

Check out other reviews on this book from fellow bloggers:
Storybook Love Affair

Belle's Bookshelf
A Kindle in Hong Kong

Did you read this book and review it on your blog? Let me know in the comments and I'll add your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment