Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Audio Book Review - Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews

How did I come into possession of this book?
This was part of a reading challenge I did during the summer.  I was supposed to go to a bookstore or library and grab the book on the fourth shelf from the top, 3 books from the left.  It could be any section of a store or library, so of course I picked the audio book section at my library and I ended up with Spring Fever!


First Lines:
“From her seat in the sanctuary of the Church of the Good Shepherd, Annajane Hudgens wondered if there had been a more flawless day for a wedding.”  (Andrews 1)

What is it about?
Annajane is finally ready to leave the small town she grew up in, and still lives and works.  Her ex-husband is getting remarried and she feels comfortable enough that she attends the wedding but that’s when things start to fall apart.  The story takes place in a charming southern town and some true southern characters.

What did I think?
I had no clue what to expect with this book since it was a random pick off the shelf.  I loved it!  I think I’m a fan of chick-lit as long as it doesn’t get too romance, lovely-dovey.  I especially loved Annajane, finally a strong female character who is going after what she wants and takes her life in control.  I also loved that there were other things surrounding the relationships, there were some great twists within the business that they all work for and when I thought I had the story figured out, suddenly there’d be another twist!  This was also a great book to listen to, easy to follow and kept me wanting to come back and listen to more.

Who would I recommend it to?
If you like chick-lit (Emily Giffin is a great example) you should pick up this book.  It is well written and never feels trashy which you tend to get with romance novels.  I’d recommend this book for traveling or any other time you’re looking for a nice light read!

Check out other reviews on this book from fellow bloggers:
Jersey Girls Book Reviews


Did you read this book and review it on your blog? Let me know in the comments and I'll add your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment