Thursday, February 24, 2011

Avenue Q

It sucks to be me! (ok, not really, at least I don't have a B.A. in English)

Wish I could've gotten a better picture, but the bf was tired and didn't want to wait...

A few friends and I got $50 tickets to see Avenue Q in SF.  It was my second time seeing it so I knew most of the jokes and punch lines already, but I still really enjoyed it.  There are so many great and inappropriate things about that show.  The boyfriend seemed to get a little sentimental during this line "the more you love someone the you want to kill them" and kept looking my way, I wonder if he was hinting at something...

I love this line "being on an elevator when somebody shouts "hold the door",  No!  Schadenfreude, fuck you lady that's what stairs are for!" because every time I'm on an elevator and a door shuts in someone's face I feel like singing out that line.  I also love the song "I Wish I Could go Back to College" because it is so very true.

The actors were great, especially the guy who played Princeton/Rod (David Corris).  We had an understudy for the female lead, but you never would've known because she was great too.  All around I forgot how good of a show this was and it kept me laughing and entertained the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment