Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I had a really wonderful Labor day weekend, and instead of going in depth to every awesome thing I did, I figured I'd sum it up quickly.  Here are  8 cool things I did this weekend:

1. Spent most of the weekend in Omaha, NE.  We had never been there and really enjoyed it, I especially liked that every other establishment in their downtown was a sports bar (see some of our fun bar hopping here)!  I also saw a flier for a woo-woo equinox festival that included live music, camping, and a football tailgate party, how awesome is that?!?!?

2. Went to probably the fanciest wedding (for full explanation see here) we will ever attend, and didn't feel out of place!

3. Made lots of new awesome friends as the wedding and have plans to see some of them again, soon!

4. We experienced thunderstorms!!!  Its been so long since I've seen one of those!!

5. Went to a Nebraska sports bar to watch part of the Michigan football game (which we won, Go Blue!).  The sports bar was awesome and even though we were surrounded by Nebraska fans we didn't feel unwelcome.  Also, since all the state of Nebraska has is a college team, all they seem to care about are college sports, which I love!

6. Correctly predicted the Notre Dame upset!! I think Lou Holtz and I were the only two people in the world to predict this but no one can understand what he says so I was pretty much the only person to predict it!

7.  Bought these awesome sunglasses at The Flying Worm in Omaha, super cool store!

Yup, I just took this picture and have bad aim for self portraits
8. When I got home I bought a new jacket that I LOVE!

This one was taken in the mirror, I'm so talented!
Were any of your weekends as awesome as mine?

2 comments:

  1. I actually went to school about 20 miles east of Oakland (I miss the Bay everyday), and I remember trying to explain thunderstorms to people! I forgot that Northern California doesn't really get them.

    Love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We look like we still live in the dorms.

    ReplyDelete