Sunday, July 17, 2011

Buttercream!

OMG, we just made (well the bf and our friend) and ate (I helped with this part) so much buttercream.  It was delicious, but I think we might have gone a little overboard and will regret it tomorrow...
Three bowls of buttercream!!
Three types of butter cream were made.  The first was a chocolate with Contreau in it, so it had this amazing orangy flavor.  The second was a vanilla buttercream made from an Italian Meringue (I think, I wasn't really in the kitchen at this point).  And the third was the same recipe as the second but they used brown butter instead of regular butter.  A plain (but delicious) vanilla cake was also baked so we could put the different buttercreams on something!  This might be a good time to mention that our amazing friend who did all this with us went to pastry chef school, so there was lots of help for something we might never have attempted on our own!
The wonderful chefs!
I think the plain vanilla was my favorite, but I also enjoyed the different taste of the brown butter.  The chocolate one was very good as well, but didn't quite complement the cake we had baked (but of course we still ate it).  There were four of us there and e determined that if we finished all the buttercream in that sitting we each would've eaten 3/4 stick of butter, luckily we didn't and we have some of it stored in our fridge!
I think this was right before his sugar crash...

No comments:

Post a Comment