Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FNL :(

Friday Night Lights was one of the best shows on TV, and now its all over.  I know it ended a few weeks ago, but I finally got around to watching the final episode.  I don't think you have to love football (like me) to enjoy this show.  It gives such an interesting look at high school football in Texas.  I'd like to know how accurate it is, but I like to think its pretty accurate since its based on a book that was a true story about a high school Texas football team.
I think it always got good reviews, but for some reason couldn't hold a steady audience.  Part of the problem was that the show wasn't on Friday originally (it eventually switched) but that might've been confusing for people trying to watch a show called Friday Night Lights on a Wednesday night.  Besides that, I'm not sure why people didn't follow the show.  I was very attached to all the characters and got really sad whenever an episode was over, I think that's a really good sign of great show.

I highly recommend this show to everyone, go out and rent it or hulu it or netflix it, you won't be disappointed.  On a side note, I'm starting to read the book Friday Night Lights, and really enjoying it so far (there will probably be a review at some point).

No comments:

Post a Comment